Friday, October 04, 2024

My interview on the IGY stamp, now out in the American Stamp Collector and Dealer magazine

Wow, I have been gone for a while. My energy for blogging has definitely been on the low side, but I have lots of ideas, so we'll see if I can get back on track with more regular postings.

In my posts of Jan. 31, Feb. 8, Feb. 19, Feb. 25, and Feb. 29, I showed the progress of an interview in writing that I was doing for a stamp magazine. The article is now out. It was featured in a column by Rodney Juell (I've mentioned him in previous posts, as co-editor of the excellent reference work, Encyclopedia of United Stamps and Stamp Collecting) for The American Stamp Dealer & Collector. The title is "U.S. in focus: International Geophysical Year." Here is a link to a pdf of the article: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u0BWdNjiTrTHEiBTgsaySMEbImMQV_F9/view?usp=drive_link.

Rod and the magazine did a great job of formatting the text and images. And it even was the subject of the cover image for that issue, shown below.
Cover image for the American Stamp Collector & Dealer, Sept. 2024

Although the link to the pdf of the article might be more readable, here are images of the pages:





The American Stamp Collector & Dealer magazine is a publication of The American Stamp Dealers Association, Inc., "a professional organization serving philately and its dealers since 1914 ... members represent all segments of the philatelic marketplace - retail, wholesale, auctions, and online ... membership is international in scope ... representing dealers in thirty-six states and nineteen countries."

By the way, today is the 67th anniversary of the 1957 launch during the IGY of the first space satellite, Sputnik 1. Maybe I'll follow up shortly with another post related to that historic event.

1 comment:

  1. Rob,
    Wonderful interview. Very informative. Your combination of the scientific viewpoint on the accomplishments of the IGY and the celebration through stamps is a great mix and highly commendable. I wish my Dad who collected stamps for years was around to share this with him.
    Thank you for sharing through the blog and the article!
    Rick Drumm

    ReplyDelete