Sunday, April 24, 2022

Self-promotion for a presentation about my IGY collection and blog

A few years ago I joined my local stamp club, the Philatelic Society of Lancaster County. I finally made it to a live meeting just before the covid era, after which meetings were moved online. And there they still remain.

Meetings via Zoom have been held twice a month, agendas including business of the chapter, a keynote speaker, and sharing of items of interest by attendees. Although there are dues-paying memberships for the local chapter, anyone can drop in on these meetings.

At the meeting this coming Wednesday, I will be the keynote speaker. I'll be leading attendees through a powerpoint (using Google Slides presentation software, which I've been very pleased with) focusing on my IGY collections of philatelic and other materials, and on this blog. The Zoom meeting will begin at 6:30 pm (EDST), and my presentation will start after the business portion of the meeting has been completed. My guess is that I will speak for about 45 minutes. The meeting will be recorded. I hope to have a recording of my presentation that I can edit and make available, along with the presentation file. But in case you would like to attend live, here is the Zoom invitation:

Join the Zoom Meeting, Wednesday 27 April, 2022, 6:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time:

The American Philatelic Society lists about 400 stamps clubs from around the world. Maybe there is one near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment